With Sculptra, medium to deep wrinkles can be ideally corrected and a clearly visible increase in volume can also be achieved. The collagen booster, consisting of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), is characterized above all by its resilience and its long duration of action. Compared to conventional hyaluron fillers or treatments with autologous fat, the final result can only be seen after several months. The number of treatments depends strongly on the area to be treated. One to three treatments are required until the desired results are achieved. However, the rejuvenating effect then lasts 18-24 months and can usually be reactivated, after this period, with just one booster treatment. Sculptra is ideal for treating individual wrinkles as well as large areas caused by the loss of subcutaneous fat tissue.
- Nasolabial folds
- Cheek area
The effectiveness of Sculptra
Sculptra has been used in modern aesthetics for over 20 years. It is a biocompatible and biodegradable injectable material that acts on the body. It naturally stimulates the skin cells to produce their own collagen. The so-called Sculptra effect leads to immense collagen proliferation, which takes time to occur. During this time, the body forms new connective tissue and there is a gradual visual improvement, which reaches its peak after about 3-4 months and lasts up to 2 years.
The box contains two bottles of dry powder, each one is composed of :
- 150 mg of L-polylactic acid
- 90 mg of sodium carboxymethylcellulose
- 127.5 mg of non-pyrogenic mannitol
- Depending on the target area, the amount and depth of administration may vary. In general, “over-corrections” should be avoided as the effect of the product is long term. In this case, we recommend massaging the targeted area to ensure that the active elements of the product are evenly distributed.
- The correction will be done progressively during the successive sessions in order to see how the skin reacts to Sculptra and act accordingly. At the same time, the results will be more discreet and progressive.
- To use this product, it must first be reconstituted with sterile water before it can be used.
- For best results, an average of three sessions should be scheduled at regular intervals of four weeks to a month and a half over a total period of two to three months.
- The number of sessions required will vary depending on a number of factors, including age, skin type and the areas to be treated.
Medical devices that are not intended for use by laypersons may only be dispensed to physicians, non-medical practitioners and cosmeticians with non-medical practitioner training, unless a medical or dental prescription is presented (§ 3 number 17 of the Medical Devices Act).