Synvisc ONE 48mg/6 ml
Synvisc ONE (Hylan G-F 20) 48mg / 6ml is a medical device which is a sterile, pyrogen-free, elastic-viscous liquid containing hylan polymers A and B produced on the basis of highly purified bird extract. Hylans are derivatives of the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid that contain the repeating disaccharide units of N-acetyl-glucosamine and sodium glucuronate.
Application: periodic replacement and supplementation of synovial fluid in patients at various stages of degenerative changes in joints.
- the contents of the syringe should be used immediately after opening the package; synovial fluid or exudate should be removed from the knee before injection of hylan G-F 20; inject at room temperature; to remove the syringe from the blister (or tray), hold it by the body without touching the plunger; Administer strictly to aseptic principles, especially when removing the stopper from the vial; Before removing the gray protective cap, rotate it. This will minimize product leakage; when using Synvisc One, use a needle with dimensions of 18-22, depending on the joint into which the medical device will be administered, use a needle of appropriate length; to ensure tightness and prevent leakage, secure the needle securely while feeding, while firmly holding the Luer connector; when applying the needle or removing the needle cover, do not over tighten the needle and apply excessive pressure to it, as this may break the tip of the syringe; the product should be administered only to the synovium, if necessary using fluoroscopy, in particular before administration to the hip or shoulder joint; the content of the syringe is for single use only.
- 1 ml of G-F 20 hylan contains: hylan 8.0 mg (6 ml – 48 mg), sodium chloride 8.5 mg, disodium hydrogen phosphate 0.16 mg, sodium biphosphate monohydrate 0.04 mg, water for injections q.s.
- the product should not be used in case of venous or lymphatic stasis, in severe arthritis, joint infections, and in skin diseases or infections at the injection site.
- Do not administer intravascularly.
- It should not be administered outside the articular or synovial tissue and joint capsule.
- The product contains small amounts of proteins of bird origin.
- Store at temperatures between + 2 ° C and + 30 ° C. Do not freeze.